Hispanic Heritage Month Program 2019
Canada and the Americas: The Legal Dimensions of Mobility and Migration
Join the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Hispanic Bar Association on October 15, 2019, for our annual Hispanic Heritage Month celebration.
This year’s program will feature a panel discussion with immigration and refugee law experts on Latin American migration to Ontario. The panelists will discuss the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement, ongoing access to justice issues, and opportunities for economic migration. The panel discussion will be followed by a networking reception.
Save the Date
October 15, 2019
Panel discussion: 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Reception: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen St. W., Toronto
- Rolando Aguilera (moderator), Legal Counsel – Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General – Indigenous Justice Division
- Francisco Rico-Martinez, FCJ Refugee Centre
- Barbara Jackman, Jackman, Nazami & Associates
- Gabriela Martinez, Gabriela Martinez Law
- Andrew Carvajal, Desloges Law Group
This public event is free, but space is limited and registration is required. For additional information, and to register, please visit:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-947-3413 | 1-800-668-7380, ext. 3413
Photographs and video taken at this public event will be used in Law Society and partner organization print and online publications.